BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our Favorite Kids sites

I am always on the look out for great kids websites. Ones that teach them something as well as entertain. A friend of mine was over today and I was showing her a few of them & she asked me to email her a list. Instead I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is interested. And if you have any great sites feel free to let me know in the comment section below.

Kids sites



  1. Kneebouncers is a great site I just discovered that has games for babies & toddlers. All they have to do is hit any key on the keyboard to get a result!
  2. Babygamer has a list of baby games (it's where I learned about Kneebouncers), but it also has a great list of lullabies!
  3. Disney Digital books is an interactive read along site with Disney books (duh). There is a monthly fee of $8.95, but if it will help your child learn to read & love it then it may be worth it.
  4. Star Fall was my daughters favorite site for reading. It's also an interactive reading site, but this one is free!
  5. The Crayola website has been a favorite of mine since SAW was little! I LOVE Crayola!!! if you ever get the chance to go to the Crayola Factory in Easton, PA you must go!!! It's awesome!
  6. Here's another fun coloring page too! Best of all - no mess!
  7. KidRex is a great kids search engine!

It seems like I could go one forever... Instead I'll move on to some sites that my kids liked as they got older.

Preteen/teen sites

  1. Yahoolingans is run by Yahoo (duh) and has some great games, videos, news & stuff
  2. Nick.com is another great page with videos & games that Bug loves to go to
  3. Of course there is always the Everything Girl page where you can play with Barbie & all that stuff.
  4. Bug also loves these girly games!
  5. SAW's home page is UG (that's Ultimate guitar for those not in the know)

Here's a few of our Family sites we all love

  1. Family Fun - great games, printables, crafts & recipes
  2. Allrecipes - our go to site for new recipes
  3. StumbleUpon is lots of fun when you're bored - be aware of possible adult content, it has only happened to me once and it wasn't anything too graphic, but it did happen.
  4. Goodreads is a great site to keep track of the books you've read, want to read, or want to trade. Great reviews on there too! If you sign up look me up!

I hope you enjoy a few of these sites & please do let me know if you have any great ones to add.

  • 0 comments: