I am always on the look out for great kids websites. Ones that teach them something as well as entertain. A friend of mine was over today and I was showing her a few of them & she asked me to email her a list. Instead I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is interested. And if you have any great sites feel free to let me know in the comment section below.
- Kneebouncers is a great site I just discovered that has games for babies & toddlers. All they have to do is hit any key on the keyboard to get a result!
- Babygamer has a list of baby games (it's where I learned about Kneebouncers), but it also has a great list of lullabies!
- Disney Digital books is an interactive read along site with Disney books (duh). There is a monthly fee of $8.95, but if it will help your child learn to read & love it then it may be worth it.
- Star Fall was my daughters favorite site for reading. It's also an interactive reading site, but this one is free!
- The Crayola website has been a favorite of mine since SAW was little! I LOVE Crayola!!! if you ever get the chance to go to the Crayola Factory in Easton, PA you must go!!! It's awesome!
- Here's another fun coloring page too! Best of all - no mess!
- KidRex is a great kids search engine!
It seems like I could go one forever... Instead I'll move on to some sites that my kids liked as they got older.
- Yahoolingans is run by Yahoo (duh) and has some great games, videos, news & stuff
- Nick.com is another great page with videos & games that Bug loves to go to
- Of course there is always the Everything Girl page where you can play with Barbie & all that stuff.
- Bug also loves these girly games!
- SAW's home page is UG (that's Ultimate guitar for those not in the know)
Here's a few of our Family sites we all love
- Family Fun - great games, printables, crafts & recipes
- Allrecipes - our go to site for new recipes
- StumbleUpon is lots of fun when you're bored - be aware of possible adult content, it has only happened to me once and it wasn't anything too graphic, but it did happen.
- Goodreads is a great site to keep track of the books you've read, want to read, or want to trade. Great reviews on there too! If you sign up look me up!
I hope you enjoy a few of these sites & please do let me know if you have any great ones to add.