BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 04, 2011

I've been Nominated

for the
Award!!

Woo Hoo!  I'm super excited and honored!

Yesterday Debbie from Africa's Blog nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.  I have to admit that I am super excited about It!  My first Award!!! Well, for blogging anyways.  I was very surprised that someone just stopping by would think enough of my little blog to nominate me. I have always enjoyed writing and I always wanted to try to make a career out of it, but the fact that I can barely spell and have horrible grammar has stopped me from flooding the fiction market.  You're welcome! ;)
So, there is a short list of things that one has to do when nominated for an award.  Although the list is short, trust me - it wasn't easy!  It makes me wonder what one would have to do if nominated for an Emmy or something?!
  1. I really must insist that you all go Check out Debbie's Blog.  The first thing that caught me were the Hockey photos!  (You know this Alaskan girl loves Hockey!)  2nd thing was that she was born in S. Africa and is now in Minnesota! (You know this Alaskan girl loves Minnesota too!)  So you must go check it out! 
  2. I also get to nominate 10 other blogs for the award!  It was really hard to narrow it down, but Here are my top ten choices of great Blogs that deserve a little attention!
    1. First person/Blog that I have to nominate is my sister, Becky @ An Alaskan Mom.  She is first and foremost the best mom ever (aside from our own mother of course).  She is a devoted Hockey Mom that drives her children everywhere!  She is an extremely talented writer, and the best editor.  She posts some amazing pictures and stories of her life in Alaska.  Stop by and say Hi!  You'll be glad you did!
    2. April @ Careless in the Care of God is another great blog!  She is a talented decorator and an inspiring person.  She blogs about her job, her faith, her family, and so much more.  I am so glad that I met her & have her as a friend!
    3. ForestWalk Art is a fabulous blog that I stumbled onto because of my love of nature photography.   She takes some of the best nature photos I have every seen.  I love that she tells the readers what each picture is of too!  Her Halloween posts were the best I saw this season!  
    4. Little Rays of Sunshine get this nomination simply because her blog is so cute & none of her blog posts are boring!  I think that's a HUGE thing!
    5. I found this cute blog just today (from Becky's blogroll).  Mel @ One Crafty Mamma has some adorable crafts & some great giveaways too! She likes to hang out at her home In Australia with her family and enjoy life.  Sounds like my kid of person.
    6. Alison's posts @ the Secret Life of a Warrior Woman always make me laugh and think.  I found her on the Mommy Bloggers FB page.  She is the modern day Superhero!
    7. Another Allison made the list!  Woo Hoo for O My Family!! Here's what she says about herself "Once upon a time I was going to be a journalist/international correspondent to France and spend my time traveling the world parler-ing Français.
      Now I spend my days building towers and reminding someone under 3ft tall to keep his feet on the ground, please."  
      Check it out to find out more!
    8. 9. & 10. - Well, I just haven't found them yet.  I am picky about my blogs.  I like real blogs.  Blogs that have something to say.  Bloggers that blog because they like it - not because they get paid to do it.  Hey - I'm not dissin' on the money makers out there - i read some of them too - and I have won a few giveaways from them too.  I'm just sayin' that I'm not passing on an award to them.  If you have  a suggestion for a real blog for me to read then please let me know!  I'd love to find a few more!
  3. The last thing required of me is to provide you with 7 tidbits of info about ME - Here ya go!
    1. I was in the Navy and I loved it!  
    2. I do believe in God, but I have found that most of my beliefs that I find comfort in more closely resemble Paganism.  Look it up - there is a HUGE difference between the original Pagans and today's Wiccans.  Please don't call me a witch ( I'll put a spell on you & you will get grey hair that won't take dye just like mine)
    3. I dye my hair, but I always have two or three strands of grey hair that will not take color!  They are not easily hidden - they are right in the middle of my hair line.  I have had them since I was about 19 or 20.
    4. I had my son when I was 19.  #3 a Coincidence??  I think not!
    5. I love playing deBlob on PS3!  If you haven't played it you really should!  I love it in 3D too!
    6. I love to spoil my kids!
    7. I love being an Air Force Wife!
Again - I am so surprised to be given this award & so excited to be able to pass it on to the blogs I have listed above.  Check them out!  You won't regret it!

4 comments:

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

wow...alaska to idaho!! i have to come back here and read some more...wander around...but as usual, i'm behind in my blog reading...was planning to get up early this morn and play 'catch-up'...but i overslept! and that RARELY happens! i'm always up before dawn, even on the weekends!

anyway, thanks for stopping by my place...for your kind words, compliments...and the AWARD! i really appreciate it...the only problem i have is that (and i've mentioned this in a few previous posts)...i don't do the award thing. know why?? because there's no way i could pick people....single out 10 blogs...
i think ANYONE who puts them self out here...deserves an award. know what i mean?? i am truly honored & humbled...it's always nice to be recognized...but it also reminds me of how the kids felt who were left standing there, after the 'team captains' picked the kids they wanted on their teams. alone. not wanted. not worthy. not good enough.

ok ok....i'm rambling as usual...you get the point...everyone deserves an award! we're all putting our best foot forward!
thank so very much....and i WILL BE BACK!!!! :)
stay warm....and safe....

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a new GFC follower from MBS Follow back group. I don't have much time for blog hops so I'm connecting to people in the group. I love the beach & the ocean but I'm curious as to why you chose this title for your blog? Come follow me. Cheryl
http://hearttoheartathome.blogspot.com/

Share said...

@Laura - I never thought of it that way. I think you're right - anyone who puts themselves out there should get an award. I am still picky as to who & what I read though. Thanks for stopping by!

Share said...

@Cheryl - your curiosity inspired an idea for a post... Thanks. Stay tuned & I'll answer your question.