BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Re-purposed Yarn

I have read a lot about people getting sweaters from thrift stores and repurposing the yarn. I searched and searched for a decent sweater to try this with, but I never found anything... until a couple months ago. Of course I didn't take a "before" picture, but I'll tell you the sweater was NOT PRETTY! It had obviously been handmade & shrunk. It was a baby pink with a bright green "I" in the middle of it. The yarn was soft though, and it was free. Tough to beat free right?
So it took me a while to unravel the yarn because of the way the sweater was constructed. I worked on it a little at a time here and there. It was also hard to keep the cat/dogs/baby out of it!
I finally finished it his morning! Look at all this soft yarn I got from it! The largest ball is about baseball size. I also made a few things with the yarn along the way so add one more small ball of yarn to the pile! The piece of the sweater with the "I" on it is under everything. I am going to cut it down and frame it as an "H" for my daughters alphabet wall.




Have any of you done anything like this? Did you have much luck?

0 comments: