BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Never finished - 2011 Goals

I started thinking about my "new year's resolutions" post long before the new year rolled around.  I started actually typing it a few times in December.  I got this much done by Jan 3rd.  I never finished it.  That sentence pretty much sums up my thoughts on goal setting & follow through for 2011 - I'll never finish it. 
Here's what I did get done though....
**************************************************************************************
res·o·lu·tion
[rez-uh-loo-shuhn]
noun

1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc

I have not been very good at making and following through with resolutions.  This year I have made some goals instead.  I know, in essence, that goals and resolutions are the same thing, but "goal" is not as intimidating as "resolution".

goal   
[gohl]
noun

1. the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end
 
So, in 2011my efforts are going to be directed at achieving these results
 
  • I want to save $5000 this year.  I hope to do this by using coupons and watching sales & stuff
  • I want to get to my goal weight of 145.  That means I need to lose [a lot of weight].
**************************************************************************************
Well, I haven't saved the way that I wanted to, but I am happy to say that we do have some money in the bank & paid of some major bills with our major tax return.  What a relief! 
I still have a ton of weight to lose, but that won't be happening as fast as I wanted it to...

One other goal that never made it onto my list... I hope I can keep up with this blog more often!

Hope you are all hitting your goals & resolutions head on & getting everything done! 

1 comments:

mryjhnsn said...

good for you for looking back now so you can make adjustments going forward... something
I know I need to do. Everything else - you can do it !