BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 19, 2011

Being a mom of a teenager


     I've never been a mom of a 16 year old boy before, It's all new to me. I kinda stole that & adapted it from something my sister said to me.  I remind myself of it all the time.  When things are easy, and especially when things are hard.
     SAW is a good kid.  He's gone through a lot and has come out on top.  He might not see it that way yet, but he will someday!  He is doing great in school this year!  2 C's, 3 B's and 2 A's!  He is taking responsibility for his mistakes and his successes!  He has adjusted so well with this last move.  He's got good friends and a girlfriend.
     I don't know if I will ever think that any girl is going to be good enough for him.  Like any mother, I guess. I know that someday he will find someone perfect for him and I will just have to suck it up and let him work his way through it.  He does treat all women with respect, and has the potential to spoil someone he loves.  I hope that I have taught him enough to not get taken advantage of though.
    Being the mom of a teenager is hard.  Being the mom of a teenage boy is hard!  I never want to see him cry - for any reason.  I hate to see him frustrated - for any reason.  I wish he could have everything handed to him on a silver platter, but I also want to make sure that he knows that he has to work for what he wants.

Oh, I could go on and on....
I am scared to be the mom of 2 teenagers!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I can't imagine what it will be like to be the mother of teenagers. I get overly emotional now, when something hurts their feelings or frustrates them. We just want to protect them all the time, but somethings they have to experience on their own. Parenting is so bittersweet.

Stopping by (and following) from the MBS blog hop. :)

Lacey
Little Miss Nerd Girl

an.Alaskan.mom said...

I'm amazed and frustrated equally everyday. I'm enjoying taking the ride - but can you believe he's not going to homecoming? WTH? Who skips homecoming? A kid on a comp hockey team with two games that day - "I've got to be ready mom." Me, "Please go, at least to the game, and take Jake! Get him out of the house!"

Yeah, cranky 19 yr old with rum hidden under his bed - God help me - Yesterday morning, as he was passing Jason on the way into the bathroom he said, "Never get a job."

Great . . .

I recommend getting one (a random 19 yr old), such an education.