BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Random News and updates

Well, things have been so busy before, during and after our move that I haven't had time to update my blog.  Here's the basics of what has been happening...

  • Left Florida on the morning of August 1st.  I was a little sad to say goodbye to some of the great friends I made there, but ultimately happy to be leaving.  I had some falling outs with some close friends, but I figure it was for the best.  God puts people in your life for a reason, some were meant to be there forever and some weren't.  It was a bit of a cramped drive but we stopped often enough to make it bearable.  Mike would have preferred to drive on and on forever, but I forced him to stop.
  • We stopped in Mobile, AL the first day and toured the USS Alabama and the Air Museum.  It was so hot out that Bug, MJ and I stayed in the AC while the boys toured the submarine.   Thought I saw a picture there of my brother when he was a Crew Chief on Marine One, but it wasn't him.  It was still cool though.
  • We toured an alligator farm/park on our 2nd day.  It was way more fun than it sounds!  Got some great pictures and video of alligators at feeding time.  I'll try to dedicate a post to that next week.
  • Mike and Bug were dying to take the rest of the family to the Prairie Dog Park that they went to when they took their trip to ID a couple years ago.  It was interesting, but not very exciting.
  • We made it to Firth by dinner time on the 3rd day.  I really wanted to see a few things in Wyoming, but I knew that once Mike was that close to home there would be no stopping him.  Maybe next year.
  • We spent a week or so in Firth with Mike's family.  We had a good time. Bug was in her first Rodeo.  She was in the pig catching contest.  There were about 20 kids and only 2 pigs.  Needless to say she didn't catch it.  She had fun though.  It was one of the last events and at one point in the middle of the rodeo a storm blew in and we were being pelted with freezing rain & hail.  made for a really muddy corral.
  • We got to Mtn. Home on a Friday & picked out our house.  Monday we signed for the keys and checked into the base, Tuesday our household goods were delivered.  It was a good thing that I insisted on packing the food in our pantry because we were so broke that we lived on that food until PayDay (today).  2 WEEKS living on soup!  Ok, so we had a little money that we bought a few essentials to get us through, but it was really rough!
  • Our Internet was hooked up last night, but we still have no TV.  We are still searching for a TV, Dining room set, and bookshelves so we can finish unpacking.  We will find everything slowly I am sure.  I try to tell Mike that God will provide for us and we will find what we need at the exact right time when we have the cash in our pockets to pay for it!
All in all I am trying to remain positive.  I have been a stat-at-home-mom for 2 weeks now and I can't say that I am a huge fan of it.  My hat is off to those people that do it and love it!  MJ and I kind of have a love/hate relationship going on right now.  I am searching for a job, but it has been harder than I imagined it would be.  I may just end up going to school next year instead of working, but I'm not sure.  Time will tell.

Hope you all are doing well.  Did I leave anything out?  Well, ha ha ha, how would you know??

0 comments: