BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Craftyness

I was blog surfing today & ran accross this post about making braclets.  I was inspired by how quick and easy it was.  And of course how cute it was.  so I decided to make my own.

I found some beautiful fabric with a sublte design & Cut my strips.  I lie, I didn't cut them.  I tore them. i don't have a decent pair of scissors in the house, so I tear my fabric for a straighter cut.  it is super dupermessy though!  Leaves a lot of strings.  Anyways, I kept the strips doubled so that the bracelet woud be a little thicker than just one strip of cotton.  I sewed the ends together, and started braiding.

 After I got it all braided I needed to think about what I wanted my bracelet to look like.  In the post that inspired me she had it criss cross in the front.  I wanted something different though.  I love the look of the monkey fist knot, but i didn'thave enough of a braid to do a real one.  I improvised and created a knot at one end and a loop at the other. 

Here's what it looks like on.

I like it!  Now I'll have to find something to wear it with! ;)

5 comments:

an.Alaskan.mom said...

I like it too! Cute cute!

April said...

what a fun idea and it lookes easy, I like the way it clasps together :)

hope you are having a good week

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! What a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love your idea with making a clasp out of the leftover braid. Glad you enjoyed the post!

Keda said...

Ooooh too cute. I'm loving the shaby chic look. You can wear it with jeans or out for a night on the town. I'll have to try this...Love it!