BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pie Sunday!

It's Pie Sunday!!!
I didn't make the pie Saturday like I said last week.  I made Pumpkin Bread yesterday instead & gifted it to Anna & My Aunt & Uncle.
So today I decided to make a Fudge Pie.  So far, I'm not terribly impressed with the way the recipe was written.  And, so far, it has been in the oven 10 minutes longer than called for.  So I'll tell you all about how that turned out next week.

Last week's pie was Cinnamon Pie. 

Ingredients

1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk
1 (10 inch) unbaked pie crust


Directions


1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).

2.In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add the beaten egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix well and add the milk.

3.Pour mixture into an unbaked 10 inch pie crust (glass pie plate is best).

4.Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Let cool and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers
 
I learned a couple things with this pie. #1- I really need a pie ring to keep my crusts from burning; #2 I am not a big fan of Custard.  It was a good flavor, but a weird texture for me.  Everyone except for Bug & I loved it!  SAW said it was even better the next day. 
I don't think I will be making it again unless someone asks for it though.
 
The smell of the Fudge Pie that I just pulled out of the oven is amazing!  I hope that it is as good as it smells!
 
Hope you all had a great Christmas & a super yummy pie Sunday!  If you have any great pie recipes for me to try, let me know!

0 comments: