I ran across this list on a Spark Member's Blog. Her orginal list is HERE. Some of her reasons didn't work for me, so I changed a few & dropped a few. It left me a little short, so I will update this as I come up with my own reasons. I also hope to get them in order of importance to me. For now, here is the start of my list.
1. A year from now, you will wish you'd started today.
2. When I'm feeling like a loser even a small workout makes me feel like I have accomplished SOMETHING !
3. The only way to get adventure-ready is by working hard for it.
4. It will make you feel sexier all day.
5. What else are you gonna do? Sit on the couch?
6. I can't wait to see my after picture.
7. Sometimes you gotta do what you don't wanna, in order to get to where you wanna be.
8. I need the reminder that I am in control of my own life.
9. I am amazed that I sometimes forget that I have the power of change in the palm of my hands and working out is the best reminder.
10. Getting your heart rate up feels so alive.
11. Cause maybe next year, you'll want to do something that requires a lot of strength and dedication, but you won't be able to unless you are brave NOW.
13. Because a year ago, you couldn't.
14. Because the kid you once were, didn't want to grow up to be an unhappy person.
16. Because sometimes a hard workout is better than an hard therapy session.
17. Because it's been a while since you felt your lungs expanding under your ribs.
18. Because feeling sore the next day means you accomplished something.
19. Because watching your body change is so empowering.
20. Because you are SUPPOSED to take care of yourself.
21. I want to be able to give and take a hit.
22. I want to know what I look like under this flubber.
23. I want people to KNOW I am strong, just by looking at me.
24. I'll never be able to run in any race if I don't practice.
25.Because I want to feel confident when I walk around naked in front of my husband.
26.You ALWAYS feel better if you work out, no matter how badly you want to skip it, are too tired, feel like being lazy, too busy, sore, etc. ALWAYS. And not just physically and mentally- but your confidence gets an epinephrin shot as well.
27. Because the more weight you lose the more new clothes you get to buy!
28. You are surrounded by other people working hard on who they are and how well their bodies work- if you stay home you will be sitting next to someone that is working hard on eating an entire pie or an entire chicken. You choose.
29. Do it cause you want a different ass than the one you got.
31. Because even though NO ONE should wear skinny jeans - you want to have the option to wear them if you want!
32. So your arms don't wave to people, your hands do!
33. Beach Bikini Body
34. Do it to show up the hussy on the machine next to you.
35. Do it cause the cute trainer snuck a peek.
36. Do it cause you have new workout clothes and you like the way you are shaped today.
37. Do it as an excuse to get new iTunes.
38. Do it cause you are super raging angry pissed off monster.
39. Do it to forget the day's stress and disappointments.
40. The way you start your day affects every single minute of the rest of your day.
41. It's freeing to run.
42. After the first half hour- you hit your stride and start pushing yourself because the pain is already gone.
43. Stress flies out the freakin window.
51. It's easier to run farther when you weigh less.
52. Working out during THAT TIME OFTHE MONTH makes you cramp less and feel less bloated & generally makes you feel better. So you can’t use that as an excuse - except on the first day.
53. Working out makes you glow with happiness.
54. Do it for the sauna afterwards!
55. Saying ‘I don’t wanna’ is not going to get you to anything
56. Be the most productive person you know, today.
57. Be jealous of the person you will be in 1 month, 1 quarter, 1 season, 1 year.
58. By pushing yourself to do this when you don’t want to, you are proving to yourself that you can achieve the things you really want to. Even things that have nothing to do with getting healthy. Things like, traveling alone in a country where you don’t know the language. If you can’t go to the gym, how are you going to go to China?
59. You are paying for this gym. You made sacrifices in order to make this happen. Get your money’s worth.
60. You can only box at the gym.
61. Take it out on the heavy bag.
62. No one is home, drag your mat into the livingroom and do it.
63. Figure out all your Personal Record's on pushups, crunches, planks, name it. Challenge yourself.
64. Compete with yourself & everyone else.
65. Free weights are more fun with a gigantic mirror in front of you so can watch your form and see progress happening.
67. If you don’t- you are going to STAY ON THAT PLATEAU! that is the opposite of progress- that is stagnation. STAGNANT WATER SMELLS BAD! YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO BACKWARDS.
70. Feeling strong feels incredible.
71. Name 5 better ways to spend your time.
72. GETTING DRESSED AND GETTING TO THE GYM IS THE HARDEST PART. GETTING THERE = 80% OF THE BATTLE. JUST MAKE IT THERE!!!!!!!!!
73. Do it for a sense of personal PRIDE.
75. Do it as an homage to the weight you've already lost. Do it as a farewell to the person you used to be. Say Goodbye.
76. Do it because you should be a good friend to yourself. If you don't care about yourself... then what's the point.
78. You are not as far from your goal as you are convinced that you are. Going to the gym today will get you that much closer. Don’t you wanna move that ticker in the right direction??
79. DO IT mindlessly and with conviction or you’ll second guess yourself and talk your way out of going. Save the thinking for when you get there.
80. Times flies when you are having fun. Before you know it- you’ve burned 600 calories. Hard work is the only thing that is guaranteed to reward you with real results.
81. BECAUSE YOU PROMISED YOURSELF. YOU MADE A PLEDGE TO DO THIS.
82. Do it for your body image. That needs to get healthier, too. Your 40 year old self will thank your 30 year old self will thank your 20 year old self.
83. Be a success story.
84. Do it for your heart.
85. Do it for your future.
86. If your mind is a disaster, at least your body will be behaving.
87. Just in case you have the chance to go surfing or parasailing or something someday, wouldnt it be nice to have good balance and strong legs and confidence?
88. WORKING OUT MAKES YOU FEEL YOUNG AGAIN.
89. Its great for your skin.
90. It's great for your soul.
91. Your demons don't own you.
92. Motivation is waiting for you 7 minutes into your next workout. It doesn't come meet you on the couch or in your bed under the covers. YOU HAVE TO GO GET IT.
93. Do it so you won't hate your reflection as much.
94. Do it for your health, or not.
95. Do it so your sex life will be better. RAWR!
96. Yesterday, you said you would. Were you LYING?
97. Go forward or go backward. Which one is more appealing to you?
98. What are you teaching your children, nieces and nephews, and your peers about how to live life?
99. Are you happy going through life as a passive observer? or do you wanna LIVE?
100. Do it because you can. You never realise how powerful that sentence is until you start doing things that once upon a time you considered to be a ridiculous daydream.