BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Fears falling away

I have always had this silly fear of running out of eggs.  We have run out of bread, milk, sugar, and so much more, but not eggs.  I would buy eggs every time we went to the store.  If I had the money and knew I was going to be baking soon I would go to SAM'S CLUB and buy a giant case of eggs.

Well... I guess that fear has fallen away. A few nights ago I was having an insane craving for chocolate chip cookies.  Bug jumped at the chance to stay up late and make them for me.  We were digging everything out and finding recipes...

THEN IT IT ME

WE WERE OUT OF EGGS!

How could I have let this happen??  Oh NO!!!  So my hubby said he would run to the store and get some.  I had to go to work before cookies were made, but he brought home chips ahoy for me, so it was okay.

 I got home from work Sunday morning & decided that I wanted German Pancakes.  I had to make a deal with the hubby that if he would clean the skillet (that I asked him to clean the night before) then I would make a few pancakes!  I ran to my room to change out of my work clothes & heard him "happily" banging away in the kitchen cleaning his cast iron skillet.

THEN IT HIT ME - AGAIN!  WE WERE STILL OUT OF EGGS!  HE NEVER BOUGHT THEM!!!

Bug asked me "What happened to your fear of running out of eggs?" in her most respectfully exasperated tone.
 I guess that fear has fallen away to make room for new fears...

so, check your fridge - what are you afraid of running out of?  Don't forget to add it to your grocery list!

0 comments: