BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

BTT - Showing off in public


Today's question is about carrying books in public.  Do you hide or show off your covers?

In the world of eReaders, iPads , etc I think that more people are carrying "books" around.  I used to carry my Nook everywhere, but I was always leaving it in the car and the battery would die and then I wouldn't have the right charger with me and so on.  Now I mostly leave my Nook in my bedroom so that I can read in bed without disturbing my husband. (It's a Nook Color)
I do carry a book in the car at all times though.  I don't hide the cover, but I also don't like to leave it out on the seat to get faded in the sun.
The book in my car was given to me by my friend April.  I forget the name of it, but it's a christian book.  To be honest I am having a hard time getting into it, and having it in the car doesn't really help.  I will read it though!

What are you reading right now?  Are you hiding the cover?
Go Check out Booking Through Thursday and answer the question yourself.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I haven't decided whether to get a Nook Color or a Kindle. Everyone thinks I should go with a Kindle, but I'm not sure.
Here's Mine

Unknown said...

Nice answer. It does suck when the covers fade in the sun.

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_22.html

an.Alaskan.mom said...

I am reading City of Fallen Angels on my Nook. So, I don't hide that at all, but when I purse shop, I try to make sure it will hold a nook.

When I carry a book though, I always remove the shiney paper covers on the hardbacks. I hate those things. . . wait, I love them, but hate their shininess and bulkiness.

I guess that makes me a hider. - and there are some books that I don't want to flaunt around, like when I read fairy tales or "just one more werewolf" tale.

Unknown said...

Stopped by from the Mom Blog Society and now following your blog thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks for your help and have a great day!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com