BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sugeries DONE!

Keep your fingers crossed everyone!  I just had my 2nd (and hopefully last) surgery for kidney stones!

Wednesday I woke up feeling great & ready to get this over and done with.  We kept SAW & Bug home from school to watch MJ (& so that they were home in case anything went wrong).  We left a little early to finish up some Christmas shopping.  Then off to the clinic.

I was under the impression that I was allowed to have water before my surgery, but I was wrong.  Luckily I hadn't had that much and I had a lot of prep time to get it through my system, so it wasn't a big deal.  Not a big deal until AFTER surgery that is.  After surgery I was in a lot of pain!  They had already given my quite a bit of morphine, but it just wasn't helping.  I was the last surgery of the day and there were only 2 nurses left in the whole place.  I felt bad because I knew that they had places to go & did not plan on spending their evening babying me.  I felt a little rushed, but it was okay.  
  When we got home I went straight to bed, but I was feeling a little chatty & so I talked to SAW & Bug for a bit.  I don't remember much of the conversations, but I'm sure they are comical memories the kids will remind me of later.
I barely remember Thursday, I know I slept a lot, but that's about it.  Friday I was ready to go though!  I had to get out of the house!  I stopped by work & let them know that I was still alive and would be working this weekend, and then we went for a drive.  2 days post op is just not enough recovery time to go off-roading.  Now we know!  That was one of those moments where I thought it might not be a good idea, but I had to go with my fall back theory "You'll never know until you try". 
So, here I am at work... wishing I were in bed...LOL!  But I have to believe that I am helping myself by not sitting around in bed!  Right??? 
I guess we'll see.
Thanks for all your support & prayers!

0 comments: