Let me preface this post by saying
stay at home moms rock!
I've "always" worked. I say it that way because there have been some brief times where I did not work outside the home, and some times when I tried to be a SAHM. To me though, I have worked more often than not. A lot of that time was working for my parents & I could have my kids with me, or take off work whenever they had something special going on. I have always fantasized the reality of being a SAHM. I always thought it would be awesome. My house would be clean, I would become a better cook, better mother, better wife, better everything - if only I could stay at home.
Though a series of _______ events - I am now a SAHM. My house is not any cleaner, my kids are not any happier with me, neither is my husband... worst of all - I am not happy with myself. Being a SAHM gives a lady a lot of time to think. Here's a brief and painfully honest list of things I have thought:
- This house is a mess - I should clean it up during her nap (ha ha ha)
- OMG - WHY WON'T SHE TAKE A NAP???
- good God, I can't wait 'til the kids come home so someone can take care of this screaming brat
- ahhh, 3 o'clock, someone should be home soon!
- it's 3:30 where the F&*% is everyone???
- ohhhhh, I see - you make the $$$ so it's okay for you to stroll in at 4:45 wanting to know what's for dinner - ha - jokes on you buddy - NOTHING cause I completely forgot to take out meat to thaw!
- Damn, I should have taken out something for dinner cause I am starving!
On the upside - I am maintaining my weight loss because we do not have the money for tons of snacks on only one income.
ha ha ha ha - I'm laughing so hard I'm crying
Wait, no, I'm just crying...
Maybe it's just the full moon...